Sunday, December 1, 2019

Dividend Received in November 2019


Dividends Received in November 2019

In November 2019, I have received a total of $89.69 in dividends. The chart below shows the amount of dividends I received each month in 2019. This month my dividend increased from $81.24 to $89.69 compared to the last quarter which is due to my addition of Abbvie (ABBV) and Bristol-Myers (BMY) stocks in my portfolio. Another reason for the increase is because of the increase in dividends from The Texas Instruments (TXN). On the other hand, I sold half of my position in Mastercard (MA) where dividends decreased $1.65.


The next table shows the total dividends received in 2019 from my portfolio. In total, I have received $843.17 this year.  

The next table shows my dividend growth performance so far in 2019. The last column of the chart shows the change in dividends compared to the previous year. The box marked green indicates the percentage of dividends increased in the current year while the box with red means a decrease in dividends this year. In the last month, ABBV raised their dividends 10%. This year I got raised from all the stocks except The Kraft & Heinz (KHC).


The chart and table below summarize my dividend distribution in the portfolio. The most percentages of dividends I am receiving are from ABBV and T (At&t) with 11 and 8.52% respectively. I want to balance my dividend percentage and set the limit bar at 6%. This will make sure that I am not dependent only on particular stocks. As I suffered a loss in KHC this year. They cut 36% dividends which lowered my income significantly. At the same time, I don't have to worry about ABBV and T because there is no dividend cut coming from them. Their payout ratio remains in the safe zone. I may add more T if the price drops below $32.


The following chart shows the dividends received monthly from my portfolio. The chart clearly indicates the growth of my monthly dividends with time.


The following chart compares my monthly dividends on a yearly basis. In November 2019, I have received $89.24 while in 2018 in the same month I received $64.65 which is 38.42% YOY growth.


The next chart shows the total amount of dividends received on a quarterly basis. This year, the first three quarter remains the same. I have sold a few stocks in the first few months of the year. Then I invested that money slowly. This quarter the income will go up because the invested stock paid dividends this quarter.


So far my current yield is 2.91% and my yield on cost (YOC) is 3.6%. The increase in YOC is due to the dividend increase of some of my stocks such as ABBV. However, the current yield dropped because of the bullish nature of the market.


My projected annual dividends in November 2019 is $1079. My first goal is to earn $100 monthly which is $1200 a year. I am moving towards my goal gradually every month as you can see from the chart below. I am investing 8% of my salary monthly and also reinvesting all the dividends that I am receiving.



1 comment:

  1. Great job soon you will be hitting that benjamin mark. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete