Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Portfolio Update November 2019



Portfolio Update on November 2019

Today I am sharing my portfolio at the end of November 2019. I am holding 30 stocks in my portfolio. I will hold all the stocks for a longer time. My main aim is to invest in dividend growth company stocks and reinvest all the dividends that I am receiving. Last month I did not purchase any new stocks. Currently, I am holding cash and want to wait until the market pullbacks. I actually love to time the market rather buying stocks at random prices. It's always good to buy stocks at a discounted price because purchasing stocks at a lower price gives you the chance to purchase more stocks and hence more dividends. The chart below shows my current portfolio and sector distribution of my portfolio.


The pie chart below shows diversity. The chart indicates a well-diversified portfolio with Apple (AAPL) is my highest position. Apple's recent surge increased my holding percentage a little high. My next big holdings are JP Morgan (JPM), Abbvie (ABBV), Home Depot (HD), and 3M (MMM).

The sector distribution of my portfolio has been shown in the following pie chart. The sectors are based on Morningstar. My highest position is in the consumer sector with 21%. My second and third largest positions are in the healthcare and financial sectors respectively. Recent bull case in the healthcare sector pushed my position in healthcare to second position. My position in tech sector also went up because of the jump in Apple and Microsoft stocks in my portfolio.



The meter below shows my projected income in terms of dividends. On November 30th my projected income through dividend was $1079.89. I have set my first target to $100 per month from dividends which is $1200 per year. Compared to last month my dividend increased from $1068.32. The increase in dividends is due to the 10% increase in dividends from Abbvie (ABBV). 


The current yield of my portfolio is 2.91% while my Yield of cost (YOC) is 3.6%. 


The following figure shows the comparison of my current yield and the YOC with time. It shows that the YOC of my portfolio is going up while my current yield is below the YOC. Because I invest in dividend growth stocks that's why my YOC will keep increasing with time. However, Current yield depends on the market volatility. If the market is up the yield drops and if the market is down then the yield increases.


The following chart shows my growth in projected annual income with time. It is slowly but steadily increasing and reaching to achieve my first goal. 



The table below summarizes the dividends that I received in November 2019. This month I have received dividends from the top 2 largest paying companies Abbvie (ABBV) and At&t (T).

The following table shows the detailed performances of my portfolio. The current prices are based on November 30th 2019. So these prices does not reflect the current price in the market. In the chart, I have shared my current positions, annual income that I will receive in a year, total received dividends from the companies, and finally the gain or loss for each company. Please note that I have added the total dividends received to calculate the gain or loss. I am gaining almost all the stocks except KHC and ALB. My biggest gains so far are Mastercard (MA), Microsoft (MSFT), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Visa (V). I am invested for a long term in all the companies. 


2 comments: