Monday, October 21, 2019

Portfolio Update September 2019


Portfolio update on September 2019

Today I am updating and sharing my portfolio for the month of September 2019. All the prices in this article are based on October 1st, 2019. Currently, I am holding 30 stocks in my portfolio. This month I have added PPL Corporation (PPL) in my portfolio for the first time. I was looking for a utility stock at a cheaper price but unfortunately, most of the utility stocks are expensive. PPL looked to be a good utility stock with fair value. Its P/E ratio and the payout ratio is much lower compared to its peers. I added this stock after its ex-dividend date when the price dropped to $29. This is the only stock purchase I made this month. I haven't sold any stocks. I am investing defensively. I am waiting for a market pull-back that's why I am holding cash. 

Below is the pie chart of my portfolio diversity based on sectors from Morningstar. Last month I have my position in the utility stock. My highest position is in the consumer sector followed by the financial and healthcare sector. 

The chart below shows my portfolio diversity and you can see that Apple (AAPL), Home Depot (HD) and JP Morgan (JPM) are my majority holdings.

The meter below shows my projected annual income in terms of dividends. On September 30th my projected income through dividend was $1048.51. I have set my first target to earn $100 per month from dividends which is $1200 per year. In the previous month, my yearly income was $1010.42. So in one month, my income increased $38 (3.76%) which is mostly from the purchase of PPL stock. Other than that my other holdings such as McDonald's (MCD), Microsoft(MSFT), Texas Instruments(TXN), and Honeywell (HON) increased their dividends.


The current yield of my portfolio is 3.12% and the yield on cost (YOC) is 3.55% which is good for my target yield.

The figure below shows the comparison of my current yield and YOC with time. The curve shows that my YOC is higher than my current yield. The current yield depends on the dividend rises or drops and also on the bear or bull market. If the market is in bull mode then the yield will drop and in a bear market, the yield goes up. The yield on cost depends on the dividend rise and cut. So for long term scale YOC will gain and goes well above the current yield.



My projected annual income through dividends with time is shown in the following chart. My income is growing every month steadily.

The mini table below shows the dividends that I received in the month of September 2019. My month was mainly dominated by dividends from KHC, HD, JNJ, and MMM. 


The following chart summarizes the performance of my stocks. The prices are based on October 1st, 2019. So the prices will vary with the current market price. From the chart, you will see my biggest gained stocks are Mastercard (MA), Visa (V), Microsoft (MSFT), The Procter & Gamble (PG), and Apple (AAPL). Currently, only two stocks in my portfolio are lagging the market gain. These stocks are KHC and ALB. I am a long term for both the stocks. I am really confident that these stocks will bounce back in the future.



1 comment:

  1. Very well diversified portfolio of high quality companies. This will pay off handsomely in the coming years. I wish I was overweight in some of them when they were undervalued.

    We had a nice POP today on BMY was up at some point 7%. It has come nicely up since I went overweight on August. Take care!

    ReplyDelete