Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Monthly Dividend update June 2020

Monthly Dividend update June 2020

    Hello everyone, today I am sharing my updated dividend growth portfolio at the end of June 2020. I always keep track of my investment portfolio in google sheet. It helps me to understand my portfolio performance so that I can make the right decision of my trades and in which direction my portfolio is going. I am not investing to retire early that's why I am saving monthly only 10% of my salary for investing. My main investing strategy is to invest in dividend-paying stocks however I also invest a very small percent in non-dividend paying stocks such as GOOGL, AMZN, TSLA, and FB and also in cryptocurrencies. I invest 80% in dividend-paying stocks, 10% in non-dividend paying stocks, and 10% in the crypto. All of my investments are in the long run. I don't sell stocks that often. In June, I have received $133.99 in dividends. Out of 35 stocks in my portfolio, 17 of them pay dividends in this part of the quarter. The highest amount of dividend I received from 3M (MMM), then followed by The Home Depot (HD), and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). The following table summarizes the total amount of dividends that I received in June 2020. I am currently dripping 95% of my stocks except for NAT stocks.

        
Jun , 2020
HD$15.00
JNJ$15.15
PFE$13.30
HON$7.20
KHC$10.00
EMR$7.04
MCD$12.54
MSFT$5.61
D$4.93
MMM$23.57
PEP$3.07
V$1.50
SO$3.20
CVX$5.29
O$1.88
DUK$2.84
XOM$1.87
$133.99
           
    The following chart shows the dividends received monthly from my portfolio. The chart indicates the growth of my monthly dividends with time. If I keep investing in these stocks, my income will only grow with time.


   
         The following chart compares my monthly dividends on a yearly basis. In the last month, I have received $133.99 while in the same month in 2019 I received $83. My YOY growth is 60%.


    The next chart shows the total amount of dividends received on a quarterly basis. My previous two years have seen an increase in dividends every quarter. This year it may decrease as I have sold some stocks such as my bank stocks (JPM and BAC). Currently, I am holding cash because I am thinking the market is overpriced compared to the current economic conditions. The current PE and payout ratio is kind of meaningless as many companies are struggling in the current situation to survive and in my opinion, the PE and payout ratios will significantly increase when the companies will start to report their Q2 earnings from July 2020. 


    On a yield basis, the current yield of my overall portfolio is 3.13% and my Yield on Cost (YOC) is 4.05%. The YOC is higher than the current yield because the companies in my portfolio increase their dividend payouts on a yearly basis. So for the longer run, this YOC will only keep going up unless any company cut their dividends.


From the following curve, we can see a comparison of the current yield vs. the YOC and it is clear that the YOC is slowly increasing with time.


    The chart below shows the average dividend income received monthly and the average amount of dividends received monthly. I am slowly increasing my passive income and if I continue to invest in the dividend-paying stocks it will only grow with time.


The chart and table below summarize my dividend distribution in the portfolio. The most percentages of dividends I am receiving are from Abbv(ABBV), at&t (T), and 3M (MMM). They are covering almost 30 % of my total dividend income. I have to diversify my position that's why I will not add any more stocks from these 3 companies. I will look to add more stocks of The HomeDepot (HD) and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ).

    


 
The following treemap shows the dividends I am receiving from individual stocks and also compares between the sectors. I am getting the highest amount of dividends from the health sector followed by the industrial sector and consumer cyclical.


The following table shows the dividends that I received from my positions in each month. This chart is very helpful to track my monthly income through dividends.


    
        The next table shows the total amount of dividends received in 2020 from my stocks positions. 
In June I have received $133.99 and so far in 2020, my income is $577.
 

The next table shows my dividend growth performance in the year. Out of my 35 stocks, 21 of them already increased their dividends this year. No dividend cut so far. However, The Kraft & Heinz (KHC) and Exxon Mobil (XOM) did not raise their dividends.


No comments:

Post a Comment