Monday, September 2, 2019

Stocks bought and sold in August 2019

In August 2019, I have sold some of my low yield stocks. I am preparing myself for recession and I have decided to lower my positions in low yiled dividend stocks and investing in high yield stocks so that I can get some appreciation when the market will be down. Below is the chart which shows the stocks that I sold. I made my position to half for the stocks below.

I am long with HON, MA, and V. However, the prices are quite high now so if any recession comes by next year they will drop a lot. I will then take the opportunity to add more MA, V, and HON. I have took a good profit from these stocks. 



I have added a few stocks which are really in good discount and also pay dividends with high yields. I have purchased MMM, ABBV, PFE, JNJ, EMR, KHC, and ALB stocks. This month I have initiated my position in Exxon Mobil (XOM) for the first time.


My dividends reduced $36.4 due to the selling of those stocks. However, I increased my dividends $84.7 from purchasing new stocks in August 2019.
I have increased $28 and $16 by adding MMM and KHC respectively.




2 comments:

  1. I like that you bought into KHC. I know they are getting hammered, but I do believe they can adapt to changing market trends and find a way through the mess they are in. I added them into my portfolio a few months ago and looking for this to be a long-term play.

    https://www.moneybyramey.com/dividend-portfolio/

    Good luck and happy investing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting in my blog. I saw that you recently added KHC to your portfolio. That's a great addition. This company is not going to fail as the analysts are saying. Their brands are really strong. Good luck with your investment.

      Delete