Sunday, January 5, 2020

Monthly Dividend Update December 2019

December 2019 - Monthly Dividend Update

In December 2019, I have received a total of $119.65 in dividends. The chart below shows the amount of money received in dividends each month in 2019. This month was the highest amount I received since I started to invest. This month my dividend increased from $101.56 to $119.65 which is a 17.8% increase compared to the last quarter (September). The increase is due to the addition of Exxon Mobil (XOM) in my portfolio. I have also purchased a few stocks of Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), 3M (MMM), and Emerson Electric (EMR). Other than that my income also increased because of the dividend increase from Pfizer (PFE), Microsoft (MSFT), McDonald's (MCD), and Visa (V). On the other hand, I have sold half of my positions in Honeywell (HON). Because of this, my dividend decreased a little bit. 


The next table shows the total dividends received in 2019 from my portfolio. In total, I have received $968.59 in the year. Last year I received $422 in dividends. So this year I have doubled my income.


The next table shows my dividend growth performance in 2019. The last column of the chart shows the change in dividends compared to the previous year. The box marked green indicates the percentage of dividends increased in the current year while the box with red means a decrease in dividends this year. In the last month, I got dividend raise from Bristol-Myers (BMY) 9.8%, Dominion Energy (D), 2.5%, Iron Mountain (IRM) 1.23%, Mastercard (MA) 21.2% and At&t (T) 2%. The increase in dividends raised $8 income in a year. In 2019, I got raised from all the companies except The Kraft & Heinz (KHC).


The chart and table below summarize my dividend distribution in the portfolio. The most percentages of dividends I am receiving are from ABBV and T. I need to diversify my dividend income. I am receiving most of my dividends from a few companies. Specifically, I am worried about KHC. They may cut the dividends again this year. Currently, it is 5.4% in my portfolio. So like last year it may significantly lower my income.

The following chart shows the dividends received monthly from my portfolio. The chart clearly indicates the growth of my monthly dividends with time.


The following chart compares my monthly dividends on a yearly basis. In the last month, I have received $119.65 while in 2018 in the same month I received $82.36 which is 45.28% YOY growth.


The next chart shows the total amount of dividends received on a quarterly basis. This year, the first three quarters remained the same. However, This quarter my income increased compared to the last quarter.  This quarter my income is $270.17 which is 17.07% growth. Again, compared to 2018 Q4 it increased by 42.47%. 


My current yield is 2.93% and my yield of cost (YOC) is 3.75%. This month my YOC increase because of my investment in new stocks which has high yields and also due to the increase in dividends to a few positions in my portfolio.


My projected annual dividends in December 2019 is $1174.76. This month I got a $100 increase in yearly income through dividends. I have added three new positions in my portfolio. I will write about those new additions in my next blog.


The chart below shows the average dividend income received monthly. My average income is almost reaching my first goal of receiving $100 monthly.


No comments:

Post a Comment