Sunday, January 17, 2021

Stocks that will generate passive incomes - Portfolio update December 2020

Portfolio Update - December 2020

   
Today I am going to share the status of my portfolio at the end of December 2020. I invest in dividend paying stocks mostly, however I also invest a small portion in non-dividend paying stocks like Amazon (AMZN), Google (GOOG), Facebook (FB) etc. I also invest in cryptos but not at this price. I am selling to take a huge profit. I will use those money to buy stocks. The following table shows my current portfolio distribution:

The following pie chart also shows my portfolio and you can see that currently Apple (AAPL) is my largest holdings followed by the Vanguard High Yield (VYM), and Abbvie (ABBV). I added AAPL in 2018 and after that the price skyrocketed. That is why it is my largest holdings. VYM is part of my retirement fund. 

 
The sector distribution of my portfolio is shown in the following pie chart. I have selected the sectors based on Yahoo Finance. Currently my highest position is in the tech sector followed by the healthcare, and consumer cyclical. In the tech sector, the prices of AAPL, MSFT, and TXN rose sharply that's why percentage in the tech sector on the top.


The following treemap shows the sectors that I am holding the most and also the shares under each sector. I like the tree maps. It helps to understand the portfolio much better. I am holding the most in the tech sector followed by the healthcare.

I always keep track my portfolio on the Tipranks website and the figures below compares my portfolio with the S&P 500 in the last 12 years. In the recent months my portfolio is performing similar to S&P 500.


My performance as a portfolio manager is also impressive. At the end of December 2020, I was ranked 6,720 out of 51,587 investors in tip ranks which is at the top 13%. My portfolio has gained 89% since 2017. My sharpe ratio is 2.41 while the average ratio is 1.35.

My 12 months return (TTM) is 15.77% and the last 6 month return was 19.79%. All of my investments are for a longer term. So it will only grow with time.

The table below shows the dividends that I received in December 2020. I have done DRIP of all the dividends that I received. I have received $168.68 in dividends in the last month.

    The following table shows the detailed performance of my portfolio. The current price in the table is based on the price on December 31st 2020. In the table, I have shared my current positions, annual income through dividends, total received dividends from each company so far, cost basis, YOC, current yield, and finally the total gain or loss including the dividend income. My top 5 performers based on gain so far are AAPL (218%), MSFT (168%), MA (141%), STOR (102%), and V (100%). The only stock that I am in loss is CVX (-2.9%). However, if I look for long term then energy sector has good potential to move up.


    The following treemap shows my gains in every sector under each stock. I have a huge gain in the tech and financial sectors. In tech I am gaining in Apple (AAPL) and Microsoft (MSFT). In the consumer sector I am gaining mostly from Starbux (SBUX), in the financial sector Mastercard (MA) and Visa (V), in the industrial sector its Caterpiller (CAT), in Procter & gamble (PG) in the consumer defensive sector, Store Capital (STOR) in the REITs, and in the health sector I am gaining mostly in Abbvie (ABBV) and Bristol Myers Squib (BMY).






1 comment:

  1. When I was applying for a loan to purchase my building as a small business owner in a tough situation, conventional banks said they could not help me. Mr Pedro, a loan officer, sat down with me, heard my situation and decided that I was worth taking a chance on. Here we are 3 years later and I have just renewed my loan for another 7 years. I couldn’t have purchased my building without the help of Mr Pedro and will be forever indebted to them for giving me a chance when no one else would."
    I will recommend you to contact a loan officer Mr Pedro on the information below if you need any financial assistance.
    Email & Chat: +1 863 231 0632 pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete