Saturday, September 4, 2021

Dividend Income August 2021

Dividend Update August 2021


Hello guys, today I am sharing the total amount of dividends that I have received in August 2021. Currently, I am maintaining three different portfolio. My major investment is in dividend paying stocks. I am also in some non-dividend stocks which are growth companies with the tremendous potential to grow. In my blog you can see all the details of those portfolios. In August, I have opened three new positions in Verizon (VZ), Newmont (NEM), and Intel Corp. (INTC). I have also added Clorox (CLX) and Campbell Soup (CPB) into my position. The table below shows the dividends that I have received in August 2021.


The chart below shows the dividends received in 2021 so far. I am maintaining a google sheet to record all of my investments. 


I have received in total $132.98 in August in dividends and I did DRIP for all the positions. The highest amount of the dividends came from Abbvie (ABBV) and At&t (T). The following chart shows the dividends received monthly from my portfolio. The chart shows how my dividends are growing with time



The chart below compares my monthly dividends on a yearly basis. The dividends are growing every year in the same month because of my continuous investment and the yearly dividend growth by the companies that I am in invested. 


The next chart shows the total amount of dividends received in each quarter and compares the total amount of dividends with the previous years.


On yield basis, the current yield of my overall portfolio is 2.51% however, my yield on cost (YOC) is 3.7%. The YOC will continue to increase because the dividend paying stocks always increase their dividends yearly so the YOC will only increase with time. On the other hand, the current yield depends on the market. If the market is in bull mode then yield will drop and will increase if the market is in bear mode. The later condition will give you buying opportunity.


The following figure shows the YOC and the current yield comparison with time. The YOC is gradually increasing as the companies are increasing their dividends annually.


The chart below shows the average dividend income received monthly and the average amount of dividends received monthly. I am slowly increasing my passive income and if I continue to invest in the dividend paying stocks it will only grow with time.


The chart and the table below summarizes my dividend distribution in the portfolio. The most percentages of dividends I am receiving are from the Vanguard High Yield (VYM), Abbvie (ABBV), At&t (T), and Kimberly Clark (KMB).



All the dividend sources in the table format


The next table shows my dividend growth performance in the year of 2021.


The next table shows my dividend growth performance in the year 2021. Last year, none of my holdings   cut their dividends.


No comments:

Post a Comment